navbar

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Arrestingly triptonic inspiration!


I never intended to blog today to be honest, but as I was perusing for inspiration I came across an insanely interesting music video by Anthony Francisco Schepperd, that needed to be shared: The Music Scene (song by Blockhead). Had I heard the song on it's own, I think its intentions would've been lost on me for it is the video that imprints such a deep incision of significance and inspiration in my mind. Right from the start the images Schepperd paints stops you in your tracks arresting you to watch on, doing exactly what the video is speaking about. I interpreted the message that TV and other forms of media suck us in with they're visually arresting images and hypnotize us into ignorance among other things. The irony lies in the fact that the video itself sucks us in leaving us to want more.

We become so consumed with the media and everything it feeds us that not only does it become eyes into our lives and thoughts but in turn creates who we become. It roots itself so far into our existence that we depend on its energy and fail to see the beautiful natural energy that surrounds us, slowly depleting our life supply. We have given life to technology, and in turn technology has given us new life, destroying our old organic lives along the way. The dim, insincere light of the screen illuminates our artificial lives until there is nothing left to live for, until we burn out.

I watched this video several times and only want to keep watching it as I learn and discover something new each time. It reminded me of why I decided to cut TV and background music out of my life as I first posted about several weeks ago. It has renewed my will to only watch what will positively inspire me, not simply allow commercials sit in the background pouring unwanted messages into my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment